Skip to main content

other destinations

I got on the wrong bus yesterday rather than wait for the right one which didn't matter so much and stayed on to the end of the line a village a few miles out of town, deciding to make my way back on foot so as to take a look around. To the west of the village was a construction site, with earthworks that immediately reminded me of the sort of subject I was photographing maybe 15 years ago. A new road.

Unexpectedly, in the process of passing by and taking a few pictures, three people separately came up to converse. Topics raised were council corruption (alleged), considerations on impending surgery, and coming off recreational drugs (in reply to that I mentioned how back in the day I'd gone from having six spoons of sugar in my tea to none all in one go). It was well over an hour before I eventually passed this dust-blown piece of road. It's early October but I got a sunburned face standing around.