Skip to main content

inside, out

Another misty day in the front garden, overlooking the river. 

I peel apart the glued seams of most of the cardboard packaging in my kitchen, and then retrieve more boxes from the recyling bin. Opening them all out to reveal the un-printed interior, then take them outside. It's misty and everything is wet, and once placed on the ground the cardboard quickly becomes damp. The grass is decidely flattened from me walking on it too much the last two afternoons.

There are six days until Christmas Day. 

While downloading the files I've also downloaded 'Steppenwolf' by Herman Hesse, Josh at work's favourite book. The first few pages made me think the main character is how Josh once described his own teenage years, silent, but not unhappy.

I also download the complete works of Gerard Manley Hopkins, the priest poet, not expecting to be able to grasp at the depth of meaning.