Skip to main content

Garry Fabian Miller: With the Beech, toward the Healing, (1986)

I've always stopped to look carefully at this artwork over the years and had a poster of it at one time. I think it's a popular piece. Currently on show again at Usher Gallery, Lincoln.  A modernist work that balances a connection with nature with the clarity of the process of making. After a google search I'm glad to find he's still alive and well and as driven as ever in making pictures. When I saw in his bio that he lived on a farm in rural Lincolnshire I was excitedly thinking of getting in touch and asking if I could go meet him (with lots of questions and things photographic to talk about), then saw he'd moved many years ago to Dartmoor.  His artistic life there revealed in sound and image on his website.

72 leaves from a Beech tree growing in the grounds of the Usher Gallery and 72 leaves from 36 Beech trees across rural sites in Lincolnshire.