Skip to main content

journey under an overcast sky

Yesterday afternoon I cycled out into the countryside to visit a plant nursery reputedly at Eagle Barnsdale, a village about 7 miles away.  I never found it.  I think I missed the turn or it doesn't exist except on Google maps and on review sites (where they get all 5* reviews).

Some of the fields on the way were unexpectedly colourfully pretty for the time of year and seemed to almost shine under the overcast sky. I reached to my pocket but had forgotten my camera so had to make do with the simple reality of looking - which is often more sensible, especially with important things like fields, or mountains or forests or seas, or people, which don't like being squashed up into a tiny digital sensor anyway. Just looking is okay.


The recent need for more pot-shaped objects continued today (three more),  & that's a rattlesnake plant in the background.