Skip to main content

Generation Access

A lot of these fence panels are tagged with the name and contact details of the company who hire them out. These ones are from GENERATION Scaffolding and Access. I assume they come under 'access', as in stopping people, like me, from having access. The nearby factory site is cleared now and two excavators have been left parked at the gate where I've been doing panoramics for the last year, blocking the view, while presumably blocking anyone cutting their way in and moving on to the site (there's nothing to take).

The forecast was for a cloudy morning but sun this afternoon, so if there was anything to take pictures of I could  do a repeat later in the day and have something that works across that change.

I'd photographed the fence at site A, Oasis Estate, Carholme Road, maybe a hundred times over the years of its demolition and re-development, as a sub-set of photographing there, and at site B, Phoenix Estate, several times out at Hykeham, but only a couple of times here. Today I did several series of these security panels along the north side. There are 32. After several attempts this last group were framed like this example, using the single panel edges and forgetting about trying for a horizontal or taking at eye level. I was interested how the shape imposed a framing of its own. I was having an extreme allergic reaction by this point, as sometimes happens when I go there, and will probably remember these for the burning eyes and world of snot that was my face while taking them. I'll maybe go back later if the sun comes out.