Skip to main content

John Divola interview, and running away photograph

I've been going through a John Divola deep dive appreciation over the last year or two, and this interview is one of the best out there. Judged on what people and museums seem prepared to pay for his work at auction (comparatively not that much) he's acknowledged but simultaneously over-looked. I can think of a few reasons why that might be the case but as time has gone by for me personally I finally eventually realised he really is up there as one of the all time greats.

Check him out. In this Saint-Lucy interview here he has so many straightforwardly funny, honest and interesting things to say about photography.

He strikes me as a modest artist, and this image from his 'As Far As I Could Get' series is how I imagine he would react to meeting anyone going too far into fan mode, which would probably be me if I met him.