Skip to main content

various metals on ground

Yesterday was terrific, strong light, good for sharp, deep shadows. The demoltion crew had all left the big factory site nearby that they've been tearing down for the past few months, and I'd spotted a new way in around the back of a gym that didn't involve me scaling the fence this time.

Not that I had any new idea of what to do with this 'one-more time' I've been wandering these broken down places for more than ten years.  It's so easy to come back with a memory card full of nothing in particular, just taking pictures of what is there, without finding something to go beyond that.

So I squeezed through a gap and stumbled in over a toppled red brick wall with the intention to do close, overhead pictures of broken materials, with a view to combining multiple frames later. Today was putting the frames together, the intention to find the point where the depicted objects started to lose their specificity, which I'm happy is coherent with the bigger picture.