Skip to main content

In search of a fried egg sandwich algorithm

It seems to have been drizzling all weekend.  At the back of my mind I've been considering taking any window of opportunity if it eased off to go out for the weekly demoltion site photograph around the corner. Maintaining a standard time interval seems a worthwhile aspect to doing it somehow. But I wasn't waiting like a coiled spring exactly but checking now and then, and thinking 'nah' each time.  No point me or the camera getting soaked for it. I've only got one camera left, held together by glue.

But the calculation got more complicated through Sunday afternoon. I quite like Tesco cottage loaf, freshly baked in-store, and being a Sunday they shut at four, so the pressure was starting to build by half three today for other reasons, such as if I was going to be able to have a fried egg sandwich later. The light was clearly deteriorating by then, earlier than usual due to the overcast conditions.

Rain. Egg. Tesco. Four O'clock. Fading light. Factory. Photograph. Weekly. All in all a complex calculation and probably beyond any algorithm that a computer could manage. It would likely as not still be chuntering away while I'm already home, albeit soaked, without any bread (none left) and only a couple of pans as the camera couldn't cope with the heavy rain that had started to pelt down, due to water on the lens. Swabbing the front element with my shirt I did at least manage one standard size 4:3 jpeg. The weekly series continues intact. Sort of.