Skip to main content

in a hole, etc.

The prospect of editing photographs, if it ever looms particularly large, is an effective way to get me to wash dishes or clean the whole house instead. I occasionally daydream about putting in the time to review everything and shortlist down to a bunch of folders which pull together various ideas that have been recurring over several years as well as some one-off. These folders would, in daydream-editing-land, have titles like 'HOLE', 'INTERIOR', 'LIMB', 'MOON', 'HEDGE', 'NEW BUILD HOMES THROUGH TREES', 'MIRROR', 'SHADOW', etc., in big text across the full bleed front covers. There, I'm exhausted just writing about it all. Still, I did get so far today as to delete a load of gigabytes from my eMac that I would do editing on, hypothetically and it now has a lot more than 1 GB free on the hard drive . But immediately after that I felt impelled to go and and finally wash up a week's worth of dishes and the momentum has been lost.