Skip to main content

saltmarsh

A new stretch of deserted coastline visited; reed-filled saltmarshes opening out onto gooey mudflats and huge expanses of open beach that are probably under a few feet of North Sea right now.
After getting sunburned when out for a few hours in a cold sea-mist a few days ago I took no chances and pasted factor 30 all over my face today - but still got another scorching, wind-burn thrown in, perhaps.
The camera struggled with pans, the fail-rate higher due to my hand being shaken by that stiff breeze, confusing the relative-positioning mechanism, I guess.
Sometimes I get allergic reactions to suncream (and/or to taking pictures) and my nose and eyes were streaming. Strands of loose hair flicked in my eyes and tangled with long, brilliantly glistening threads of swirling snot. And the loudest explosive sneeze/shout maybe in my life, unheard, me nothing more than perhaps a jolting speck on the horizon.