Skip to main content

Life cycle of big things

From the train window last week I saw work had started on a site of former heavy industry just outside town.  (A bloke I used to work with had previously been a foreman there and he had suggested that the contamination was so bad that it was unlikely that permission for homes to be built would ever be given.  It seems it wasnt so bad after all....)  The factory itself had been pulled down a couple of years ago (I'd taken some photos before and after the event), the site cleared and so finally construction was under way.  I cycled out there today (which took over an hour even though it's only five miles after I took the wrong turning, twice, like I think I did every other time I've been out there).  It was worth the long ride and the cold fingers if only because the light was so pretty and the sky was brimming with crazy summer blueness.  Almost stone buds, the first rocks and debris are appearing.

 

- broken concrete & half moon