Skip to main content

Square Magazine

There's an online photo magazine I came across a year or so ago that I am impressed by but never had anything square shape to send them to see if they'd like to include in an issue, until now.  Over the weekend I did two evening shoots at a site I have designated 'Poppy Hill', which is a large thrown up mound of earth at a brownfield development on a former missile guidance systems factory nearby.  Poppies seem to thrive on disturbed ground, and these ten tons of discarded soil and debris are already tangled over with plant life.  My little S95 allows switching between several frame formats and I thought it was time to go square and really enjoyed it.

Mosquitos are also thriving around there, especially with all the wet weather and I got bitten several times.  At work today I had to keep going to the bathroom to run cold water over my hands which were burning up.  My face looks worse but doesn't even itch so far, which is odd.  One hand though looks like it's been partly inflated with a bicycle pump.