Skip to main content

P i n k n e s s

The 'beast from the east' was how the cold weather front that moved to the UK was described on the news the other night.  And forecasts are for -12 C with six inches of snow in central England this evening.  It's a little frosty outside, nothing too bad, but the hype seems to have psychologically impaired my ability to judge the conditions objectively and I feel as if I might not survive the weekend despite being dressed for the arctic in my own home.

When I was upstairs earlier I was drawn to a super-feminine dress that I adore which never got put away from the last dressing-up shoot.  It's pink, it's satin and it has an elaborate folding - it is hyper feminine.  And like a radical change in the weather it's an equally dramatic announcement and gets my full attention with its accentuation on difference and on change.