Skip to main content

Spilled milk

I'm my third day into a cold virus.  Bad timing as I was keen to scoot around all the local big supermarkets in the area today to photograph their value brand range products.  The need to go take those photos proved stronger than the ill feeling, although there was no pleasure in any of the four hours of it.  I'd googled supermarket busy hours and yes, weekends are the worst. I try to avoid getting in anyone's way but today I must have looked pretty rough - and infectious - that people kept their distance anyway.

 



Something I did start to appreciate today with what appeals to me, is when items have been dislodged or else there is some incongruity - damaged packaging, expensive brand products dumped in amongst the cheapo foodstuffs when someone has gone for the saving.  Also the sculptural aspect to the way objects can sit on a shelf and their relationship to each other.

Outside Sainsburys it looked like someone else was having a pretty lousy day, too.