Skip to main content

Shoot

Shaved my legs and did my hair last night but still took another hour today (shaving face, underarms and then doing - that should be attempting to do - make-up) - before starting a four hour + dressing-up shoot.  The skirt, two tops and a dress I got from charity shops last weekend were all I wore in the end despite having a wardrobe heaving with more 'girl clothes' than I have 'male clothes'.  It was raining hard and as a result the light in my spare front bedroom was very poor - was shooting at around a second at 400 ISO at f8.  It's hard to hold completely still wearing heels for anything more than that.

I tried a few ideas, including posing as if contemplating text above me (which would be added afterwards in photo editor software).  Using the self-timer and going back and forwards to check what it's looking like (and making slight manual adjustments to the exposure and occasionally setting a custom white balance) for 395 shots (I've just noticed the amount when connecting the camera to my eMac to download) means I must have walked miles.  And as that's in heels, I feel l I've definitely earned 3.8 million dollars for any print that comes from it today.