Skip to main content

waste land

It was a bright, cold afternoon yet I cycled to the wasteland through the fence behind Tesco car park expecting it to be in shadow, it's a gloomy place. 

I walked around to the north side where a path runs alongside the railway line fencing. In the distance beyond was a plant hire yard where I could see bright orange and yellow painted powered access platforms. These dropped out of sight behind fencing as I got nearer. Several tents came into view  a short way ahead as I walked along taking pans. Then voices began to converse from inside and I thought perhaps my presence had been noted and was not particularly welcome, but there was no sense of threat. That was far enough for me. I don't want to intrude. I stopped and slowly turned away and took one last picture facing west. As I did so the camera casing came apart in my hands.