Skip to main content

Moving things around

Site B is outside town and it must be colder there as I was cycling over puddles full of cracked ice as I got near.  The early weak sunlight faded on the way, and by the time I arrived the overcast sky was not dissimilar looking to the muddy ground.  And there was to be no glimpse of the shining face of the moon today.  But I'd made it this far, so clickety-click click click.

Someone at work had mentioned recently seeing a lot of night activity out here (lit by floodlight) while driving by, and yes, since my last visit a month ago a lot had changed. The super-deep hole I'd previously stood on the brink of and then climbed down into had gone, all filled up, but other more holes, enough to fill the Albert Hall, had appeared, along with heaps of rubble and chunks of debris strewn all over.  A tank division's worth of earth moving machines were parked up behind a small mountain of gleaming gravel at the back.