Skip to main content

New clothes

I'd seen this dress in December but was scrimping and saving so despite trying it on in the changing room resisted buying. Today I popped in and was ammmmmMMazed to find it hadn't sold (makes me wonder about my taste in clothes if no-one else wants it) and I also saw a little black jacket which I'd had a thing for since noticing every girl in town was wearing them last summer. That's when I noticed the 'two for the price of one' notice. Eek. The dress is a 12 and the jacket a 16 - and I'm a 14. They have come to a good home nevertheless. Straight to my room to try them on for fit - and a bright spark of happiness flew, (best word I can think of for it); intimate lightning, the possibility of metamorphosis. I have a little spare bedroom, wonky shape and quite small, which is not as good for photos as in the last house but useful should I start doing proper dress-up shoots again one day. If I did I'll have to move a plug socket and pull up the new milk-chocolate colour carpet, bare floorboards would be nicer. br>