Skip to main content

DIY and gender

I remember a report last year that showed women had overtaken men to become the larger market segment for DIY materials.

Suitably impressed today I attempted to fix a tap spindle and a spark plug.  Actually the tap had been dripping when I attempted a fix a few months ago - which resulted in successfully eliminating the drip but also any flow of hot water to the bathroom sink altogether.  I've been using a container and filling it from the bath hot tap as a temporary measure ever since. But today I tried again and using a load more resin seem to have sorted it this time.  That inspired me to then check and adjust the spark plug gap on my trail bike, for the first time in 8 years.  I didn't test if it fired up afterwards as that's more than enough DIY for me for this year.  I need to wash my hair and put on a dress.