Skip to main content

Chris Shaw and Cindy Sherman

Retrospecting Sandy Hill - Chris Shaw: "While studying photography at a local art college in 1987, I discovered this place. I felt alienated from my fellow students, but found a home on the Sandy Hill Estate. Over the next three years I gave people photo prints which led to more pictures - the camera was an excuse really. I liked talking to ‘normal’ people. Obviously they were obsessed with cars and bikes - they were ‘normal’ to me." 

Interview with Robert Longo: People know you as an extremely accessible, kind, and graceful artist. But what or who really gets you angry, and does any of it play itself out in your artwork?
Cindy Sherman: Inconsiderate, rude behavior drives me nuts. And I guess the inconsiderate rudeness of social ineptitude definitely fuels my work.