Skip to main content

The convention of symmetry

My nephew showed me a picture he'd been sent recently, of my family taken long, long ago.  Hundreds of years ago, stood outside church.  The tension is palpable.  We were all turned out nicely, how mum managed that is remarkable.  We all had stylish haircuts.  I must have been about five. It may have been the last time I had a stylish haricut.  (Maybe there was a week or two in the mid-80's, I may be mistaken).

Although not a professional hairdresser I felt suddenly ready to make a leap back in time to when I had short hair and cut half my hair off, one big snip each side.  So I made it part of the way back to being a child.  It didn't help in the looks department (what would?) but my head felt 1.5 KG lighter.

At the moment of big snip number two I assumed it was going to turn out pretty equal length on both sides, how hard can it be, after all?  Oh.  Well, the asymettrical look, it can only a matter of time before it is regarded as a stylish haircut,I think.  Probably long after my death but hey, anyone trawling vintage internet blogs from amongst the rubble of a post nuclear war future ninety-two years from now, may be amazed and impressed how current I look. Even the shirt might be in fashion.

I've found by tilting my head slightly to the right it looks even.