Skip to main content

Lewis Baltz in the middle of the night

I drempt of Lewis Baltz last night.  I was in a busy indoor public space when I overheard he had cancer.  I was with my nephew (when he had been aged about 4 or 5) and he saw the effect that had on me and ran off to see if he could find Baltz and a few minutes later re-appeared on the far side of the room with him, both smiling.  Baltz was wearing a sequinned shirt and black flared trousers (very camp 1970s look) and appeared completely relaxed, gracious and with a delicate sensual vitality and warmth, a love of life.

I awoke from this dream and it was first light.  I went to the bathroom to have a pee,  overwhelmed with the need to not go back to bed but go look at Lewis Baltz photographs.


(Important technical note: In the dream the shirt Baltz was wearing was white, the sequins were larger and also covered the arms)