Skip to main content

Delay Trees from Finland

Delay Trees from Helsinki, Finland.  One summer I did the student thing and went inter-railing; first destination was Finland, having read that it had 'ubiquitiously splendid modern architecture' (- it was 'ok'). When I arrived on a ferry from Sweden it was late evening and I wandered about and till I found a piece of grass to pitch my tent for the night, beside the National Opera House.  I remember over the next couple of days I got sunstroke travelling north to Rovaniemi up near the arctic circle, it was a heatwave. The landscape was endless woodlands and lakes, lakes and woodlands, endless endless endless, and it probably still is. Delay Trees are (probably) the first people I've spoken to from Finland since then, last week after they played a terrific set that I never wanted to end.