Skip to main content

Sky

Just lookng at the sky is one of the best things about being alive.

Last weekend I got unwell for a few days but then when feeling healthier again was accompanied by such an unexpected rush of life through the body.  It felt for all the world like Spring had unexpectedly turned up one day, internally, and in late November.  It was so surprising.  And kinda nice.

Today I bought Hans-Christian Schink's book 1hr (a return to compulsive buying of photo books).  They are elemental observations, studiously acknowledging the trajectory of the sun, a dark stain on the cold, ash gray paper. They may have some kind of beauty, meaning.  I'm not sure. I think I may like them.

At a charity shop this afternoon bought a classic knee length pin-striped dark gray skirt and  modern-cut pin-striped light gray jacket.  (A return to compulsive buying of female clothes.) I got them despite realising I knew the guy who was working at the counter and that he knew me.  As it was we talked a while and what I was buying didn't seem to matter.  I mentioned that a few days ago I'd remembered turning up for a gig at The Mezz bar (a local venue) with my sister and his band were sound-checking and they had sounded immense.  (It had been a vivid, exciting memory). He laughed, and said that must have been five years ago.