Skip to main content

Sunday gallery

The good thing about the camera I've got at the mo is the control over the self-timer.  Not only can the actual delay before the shot is taken be set for any amount (ten seconds is fine for me) but also the subsequent number of exposures made.  With my previous Sony R1 I literally walked miles (and in heels... which was good practice, actually) back and forth, setting and re-setting the self-timer after each photograph was taken.  With a Nikon D5100 the walking back and forth was down to a mere 500  hundred metres per shoot.  Today I started off with my usual four shots per press of the shutter default setting but soon was aware that I always seemed to get into just the right pose immediately after the fourth and final shot had been taken.  So I upped it to 6 (somewhat guiltily, I'm not quite sure why).  Then 8.  As a result soon I was actually making the shape I thought might work when that final eigth exposure was made.  But, inevitably, after not too long, I wasn't quite ready by that last one and was left hanging for a ninth, which I would hold on for with a subconcious,  irrational hopefulness that another shot might 'just happen' if I stayed where I was long enough.

Incidentally, eight frames per press of the shutter proved to be a terrific way to seriously bump up the total number of shots on the memory card by the end of a 5-6 hour shoot.  As everyone knows, like chocolates, it's quantity that counts.

Edit-phobia means I'll probably never look through them all properly but having just had a curry and checked for focus, exposure and straightness (using Live View to set up helped get very close), and so here's one random picture. 

'Imagining looking at someone looking at art in a gallery in London on a Sunday'

Which is not exactly what the shoot was about today (continuing remembering one or two people from long ago who exist for me as memories).

It was sunny, but cold.  I think I got hypothermia so afterwards I got straight into thermals, two shirts, jumper, two body warmers and I'm off to sit against a radiator for an hour and read a book or watch TV sideways.