Skip to main content

Big TV

I am glad I finally got a big TV just when the olympics started. The European football and then Wimbledon were OK but nothing special and a small CRT TV was fine but the OLYMPICS,  I'm blubbing every 20 minutes. So are all the competitors. Winners, losers, the presenters, the crowd, everyone watching, we're all crying. The noise in the stadiums, for the swimming, the cycling velodrome, the athletics, everyone in the country is mental, it gives me a bit of a headache it's non stop, a rumbling cheering roar sound with occasional explosions of hysteria. And that's just me on my sofa.

As for South African athlete Oscar Pistorius who has no feet and who made it to the semis of the 400m (he didn't make it to the last eight unfortunately tonight). People without any feet usually stick to the paralympics and don't take on the world's top runners but he was a contender.

 And Usain Bolt won the 100m final. Again. Legend.