Skip to main content

Punctured bicycle

Despite having a stash of new blades, a straight(ish) metal edge and a half decent cutting surface I can't seem to maintain much concentration when trimming the Photobox prints I received a couple of days ago. Maybe it's feeling tired from work or the lack of self-belief sometimes when it comes to competence at something new. The frame will mask the imperfections but even so it's nothing to be proud of.

After mending a puncture this evening I thought I'd best not risk adding an oily smudge or two to the next few (despite having washed my hands in white spirit and washing up liquid a couple of times). Like most things with this new experience of preparing to show some pictures in a proper gallery, I've found it takes time, a lot of time.

I remember research that showed that people view an image and form their opinion of it in a fraction of a second, so it does seem wildly disproportionate, the amount of prepping leading up to those vital milliseconds. But that's just the way it is.