Skip to main content

Unexpected Offers

Some days are just way better than the average day (which is OK, on the whole, I'm glad to say) but now and then something special and unexpected happens and for a few hours life is different - sort of the way you vaguely wondered if it would turn out to be (a long time ago).  These satisfying interludes are usually accompanied after a few hours by a slight foreboding.

This irregular day followed soon after a phone conversation the night before that had finished at 4.30 am.  So I was feeling a bit light-headed from lack of sleep which gave things a slightly pleasant unreality anyway.

The definite highlights, though were two unexpected offers.  One was an email from photographer Richard Ansett who is considering including me in a show he is curating which is planned for next year WOW! and a brief message from Ursula who likes to dress in latex outfits including full face masks and who is deeply into S&M and who likes transvestites  and wants me to get in touch with her as she likes my photos.  Thank you!  Hm.  I have to say both are tempting invites - and could lead to remarkably similar outcomes of either pain and rejection or pleasure and fulfillment. Unusually for me I actually know which I'd prefer, if I had to choose one or the other : )

richardansett.com


(Boris Mikhailov, Nuno Barroso and Richard Ansett)