Skip to main content

Kelli 1-0

Despite the fail with the shopping trip yesterday I'm prepping for a shoot today - well I started last night in fact, sorting my hair.  This morning was a massive ironing session and I've now just set up the room and the camera is in position on the tripod.  This time facing the windows which might look terrible but the silhouette could suggest the key issue of anonymity - which is a fact of life for anyone who transgresses accepted norms of identity.  Fear is a key factor when it comes to 'being oneself' when that self is open to ridicule, consternation or even physical abuse - some of the way social groups even in 'free societies' maintain conformity. 

Kelli Connell has a model to work with, I'd quite like a photographer to work with.  I can think of someone, MM, who has those qualities; not only sympathetic and non-judgemental but  encouraging.  OK, she'd probably get bored after an hour and a half of me changing outfits and stopping to check my make-up and brush my hair.  She will be my pretend assistant today.