Skip to main content

The trouble with rubble

A few days ago on the cycle ride to work I noticed that the hoardings around the building site at the university had been taken down, and the clearing up operation was in full view - apart from the usual wire fences, which aren't much of a problem to a super-compact digicam.  There were some heaps of sand and gravel but also a long low pile of dark rubble, like a road had been torn up, with big chunks of tarmac littering the surface.  Only today was I able to bring my camera along to get some shots - but as I arrived there was a digger disposing of it, piling it into a big lorry to be taken off site.

The light was more intesting on the way home so I took some more shots there and liked these ones better as they have interest in both ground and sky.  Having see the Friedlander show at the Timothy Taylor gallery a couple of weeks ago I feel in debt to his way of looking at the world with a camera, as well as the New Topographics photographers from the same era.